Open wide – let’s take a look inside. We’re on a voyage of discovery to investigate the busy world inside your body. Do you have a toothy grin or a winning smile? Take dental impressions and test the effects of sugary substances on your pearly whites. Follow a tasty morsel as it makes its way through your digestive system, helped by some mouthwatering saliva. And don’t forget the importance of good hygiene at both ends. And whilst we’re talking business, could you recognise an animal just by its poo? Are you brave enough to take the challenge? Make a working model of the digestive system and use it to persuade others to eat healthily. Learn how to look after this marvellous belching, squelching, mixture making machine we call our body.
Home Learning Ideas
What will you choose to do?
• Keep a food diary and notice what happens as certain foods (like beetroot,
sweetcorn, asparagus or blueberries) pass through your body.
• Learn how to boost your immune system. Make a poster or advert for a doctor’s
surgery to help people avoid falling victim to the flu season.
• Drop grubby copper-plated coins into a range of fizzy drinks and leave them
overnight to see what happens. Which brand has the most powerful cleaning
• What qualifications and training do you need to become a dentist? You could quiz
your dentist at your next check up! Ask before you are in the middle of a scale
• Some people sneeze because they are allergic to certain substances such as
pollen or house dust mites. Survey your friends and family and find out if anyone
you know has an allergy. How will you record the information?
• Try a new food or drink that you have never tasted before. What do you like or
dislike about its taste and texture?
Oak Class Curriculum Map for 2020-21
Shows the outline of all our planned learning this year.
Term 2 Overview
Gives more detail about what we plan to learn this term